The AR-15 has enjoyed an immense boost in popularity in the last few years and its big brother the AR-10 isn’t far behind in popularity. While this particular rifle’s sights have a close outward resemblance to the popular AR-15 rifle scopes, the cartridges it’s chambered for are powerful and require optics with different features. We took a look at the current sights available on the market for the AR-10 and picked the best ones to feature in our guide.
Choosing the scope for these monsters can be a tough decision, as AR-10 owners will oftentimes want to make use of the gun’s utility as both a big game rifle and as a possible home defense weapon. Here are the top eight we’d recommend for your AR-10. Below we will dive deeper into the uses and practicality of each of these top-quality sights in more detail.
Best Scopes For An AR-10
The Best Value Optic With Red Dot Capability: The Vortex Strikfire Red Dot
- The new 2019 Strikefire II Red Dot is a rugged, reliable red dot sight that is at home in a variety...
- With aesthetics and functionality in mind, the power controls are at the rear of the Strikefire for...
- An offset cantilever mount is provided; allowing you to move the sight forward to be used in...
First I feel like it’s important to mention my personal favorite for the money for anything under 50 yards. The Vortex Strikfire Red Dot is reliable and functions well in all weather conditions.
It’s also for close quarters combat training exercises and taking to the shooting range and is usually half the cost of an EOTECH. If you are going for longer distance, you should read on and take a look at our next model in line, the distance value model, the Bushnell Trophy XLT 4-12x40mm.
The Best Optic For Those on a Strict Budget: UTG 3-9×32 Compact Bug Buster
- 1 Inch Tube with Emerald Coating for Maximum Light Transmission, Premium Zero Lockable & Resettable...
- Range Estimating Mil-dot Reticle for Optimal Aiming and Shooting Performance, Adjustable Objective...
- Red/Green Dual Illumination for Versatile Applications, Large Field of View and Most Accommodating...
The UTG 3-9×32 Bug Buster is a good choice for any type of short and medium range sighting you need for your rifle. It’s nitrogen filled, fogproof, rainproof and shockproof. This is one of our top recommendations for those individuals working with an AR-15 platform as well, especially for the cost.
Unfortunately it does not have a red or green dot built into it, but you should be looking at the vortex anyways if you are wanting to keep something at short range.
Top Budget Distance Model: Bushnell Trophy XLT, 4-12x40mm
- Fully multi-coated optics and rain guard HD offer 91% light transmission in any weather
- 100% waterproof, Fog proof and shockproof 1 inch one-piece tube construction with integrated saddle
- 4-12X magnification with multi-x reticle and 3.5 inch eye relief and side Parallax adjustment
If an economical option with a lot of built-in value is what you’re looking for, the Bushnell Trophy XLT, 4-12x40mm is a great version to consider. This model has a magnification range broad enough for everything from close-quarters shots to long-range varminting.
The XLT features a fast focus eyepiece so no time is wasted looking for the “sweet spot” behind it and has an easy-to-grip power ring, which means less fumbling around in the field. Bushnell’s easy-to-work-with warranty make the Trophy XLT a choice for an rifle owner who doesn’t want to break the bank but still wants a quality optic.
Top Long Distance Choice: Leupold VX-Freedom 1.5-4x20mm
- Repeatable 1/4 MOA precision finger clicks offer intuitive, simple adjustment over a lifetime of...
- Complete waterproof and fogproof integrity: ready for a lifetime in the field, in all conditions
- Crafted from 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum
range of magnification make it suited for all kinds of assault rifle applications. What makes the Patrol a truly interesting option is its illuminated reticle.Moving up in price we find the Leupold VX-Freedom 1.5-4x20mm. This model features a compact size, light transmission, and edge-blackened lenses to increase clarity. The turrets on the Freedom are easily manipulated and, of course, the Freedom carries a lot of built-in Leupold ruggedness. This optic’s size and
If these 4 models still don’t ring your bell as the best options for these amazing rifles, make sure you hit this page to check out our ratings and reviews of all different types of optics. I’m confident that any one of these models are not only going to do the job for you, but do it well. Thousands of shooters around the country can’t be wrong, and each of these should be a slam dunk for your assault rifle.